Monday, January 26, 2009

Real Women Have Curves

I am by no means a Jessica Simpson fan, in fact I find her extremely annoying and only minimally talented. But, today I read this post on Perez Hilton, and I was extremely offended. Jessica Simpson performed at a concert in Florida over the weekend, and she clearly had gained some weight. In my opinion she looks great, she looks just as a woman of her proportions should look, but Perez took it upon himself to call her 'fat'. And I ask this of Perez as a giant lard ass yourself, who the hell are you to call anyone fat? And If J. Simp is fat then that makes 98% of all American women fat! Jessica Simpson may not be a Hollywood toothpick, but in my opinion that look is disgusting! I have not and never will find a protruding spine even remotely attractive, although apparently that is hot in Hollywood. And with so many young women who visit Perez Hilton each day, what kind of message is he sending to all women, who struggle with weight issues and body image on a daily basis. Only in the diluted mind of Hollywood is being a size 0 with EEEE boobs considered hot. In reality it is unhealthy and disgusting. I applaud Jessica Simpson for being comfortable enough in her own skin to look like an actual human being and not an object that you would hang your coat or hat on.

3 comments:

My Wombinations said...

Amen. I love it.

curzi said...

i freaked out at that post too!! i don't even think she put on weight..she's just rocking a fupa in those nice tight/highrise jeans.

oh perez, slash...i doubt he even wrote it.

Kristi said...

I couldn't agree more. I think Jess made an unfortunate jean choice, but the point is that this kind of criticism is why little girls are starving themselves.