Friday, January 23, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

After being pushed back from an original release date in October, the movie single girls everywhere have been waiting for, "He's Just Not That Into You" is set to debut in mega-plexes on Friday February 6th just in time for us ladies to spend our Valentines Day stag, sitting in a dark theater ogling Bradley Cooper (or maybe thats just me).

While the movie shares the same title as the book, the book is actually a member of the self-help genre, so the movie basically just shares a name and little else. Now I am excited to see this movie, but the book in my opinion sucks. I am sorry but I do not need to spend money on a book that will tell me everything I already know. OF COURSE I know that if a guy is not calling, texting, or IM-ing me that he is just not that into me! But some of us girls like to live in a place called la la land where there's a perfectly legitimate excuse for why the guy is not contacting us, for example maybe he is on a very important top secret space mission, and for that reason cannot get in touch with us! Okay I am kidding about that, but I cant for the life of me come to the conclusion that everything is so black and white when it comes to girl-guy relations. I mean yes most of the time I agree, and from my experience I can say that when a guy is not making an effort to contact you it does essentially mean that you are not floating his boat, that you are not the apple of his eye, and he will not be showing up to your sister's wedding after the Chinese foreign exchange student tells him that you are the one getting married (Sixteen Candles anyone?), etc etc, but that does not mean it's true for every girl and guy, so I don't think people should take the book so seriously. It is not a bible for relationships, because there are exceptions to every rule.

"He's Just Not That Into You" comes out February 6th, and stars Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Bradley Cooper, ScarJo, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, and Justin Long. Okay so basically it stars everyone on the planet except for your dog that died last year.

PS: If you did actually have a dog who died last year, I mean absolutely no offense. And I am sorry for your loss.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I did see the trailer for this movie and was somewhat intrigued/appalled. It just makes girls look so desperate! It’s fine if a guy is not that into you... that's when I crack a beer/martini call some friends and move the eff on to someone or something else! I guess it would be interesting if there was a movie/book equivalent for men..."She's just not that into you" would the trailer be a group of men brooding, listening to emo music while sipping Jameson? I haven't read the book, so I guess my critique is somewhat limited. Anyway, work is slow, loving the blog!;)

Unknown said...

Long Duck Dong!! I'm probably the only other person who would've gotten the reference without you pointing it out lol