Wednesday, January 28, 2009

House to Vote on $825 Billion Dollar Economic Stimulus Plan

According to CNN.com the House is expected to vote tonight on the $825 billion dollar stimulus plan that according to President Obama is needed in order to curb rampant job loss. (www.cnn.com) While the bill is expected to pass, many House Republicans have complained that the bill is too costly, and the tax cuts included in it do not go far enough.


Well that's enough with my news jargon, would someone who knows what they're talking about please explain this plan to me? I was not an economics major in college, nor am I the greatest with numbers so I would very much appreciate an explanation!

I also received an email today from The Planned Parenthood Action Committee saying that, ''
provisions to expand access to affordable family planning will be stripped from the economic stimulus bill"

So essentially I am just really confused about exactly is included in this bill, and what it will mean for Americans.

No comments: